In residential,commercial,institutional & installations sockets are mounted at various heights above floor level viz
- in floor by floor trunking
- about 30cm above floor level
- table top level in kitchens & in multi compartment trunking in offices
- at switch level as in indian homes
- in power poles in offices.
Is it advisable to mount at table top level in offices and homes so that it is accessible to disabled (in wheel chair) and safe from kids if mounted about 30cm above floor level, with a lED indicator showing it is energised, reminding to switch off for energy saving if not in use.