Our cable calculator is depreciated, and we will be updating to a new version shortly. Any data you save will not be compatible with the new version. While you can carry out quick sizing with our calculator, if you are sizing cables professionally we would suggest you use or main cable sizing application at myCableEngineering.com
Tip: registered users can save calculations.
We have created a brand new cable engineering web application. The application significantly expands on the
current calculation, allowing you to manage all your project cables across all your devices.
You can visit the new site at - myCableEngineering.com.
Cable sizing compiles with:
- BS 7671:2008, IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- IEC 60364:2001
Cable size is selected as follows:
1. Cable is calculated on current capacity
2. Voltage drop is calculated (and cable size increased if necessary)
3. Fault level withstand is calculated (and cable size increased if necessary)
Tip: if you don't want fault level to be considered, you can set it to a very low value.
To find out more about how the cable sizing tool works, please see:
- Cable Sizing Tool - Notes Post
To select or size Circuit Protective Conductors (CPC ), please use our:
- Circuit Protective Conductor Sizing Tool
To convert between Metric and American Wire Gauge, you can use our:
- Metric AWG Conversion Table
Cable Sizing Software
Select, size and manage your power cables using myCableEngineering.
All your cables, all your projects.