Tip: registered users can save calculations.
Cable sizing compiles with:
- BS 7671:2008, IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- IEC 60364:2001
Cable size is selected as follows:
1. Cable is calculated on current capacity
2. Voltage drop is calculated (and cable size increased if necessary)
3. Fault level withstand is calculated (and cable size increased if necessary)
Tip: if you don't want fault level to be considered, you can set it to a very low value.
To find out more about how the cable sizing tool works, please see:
- Cable Sizing Tool - Notes Post
To select or size Circuit Protective Conductors (CPC ), please use our:
- Circuit Protective Conductor Sizing Tool
To convert between Metric and American Wire Gauge, you can use our:
- Metric AWG Conversion Table